
Well, Marlay had a few milestones over the past two days. She got her first day-care cold unfortunately. She was pretty stuffed up and had a runny nose for part of yesterday and through the night. She snored like a sailor and woke her daddy up multiple times crying out in the night. Hard to tell if that is from her penchant for sleeping on her stomach (without the ability to roll back over) or the cold.
This morning, we noticed milestone #2. The little one has finally had her teeth come through. She has both of her lower fronts protruding ever so slightly...you can clearly feel and see them though. I am already going to miss her gummy old lady smile. I can't even imagine her with teeth.
On an unrelated note, the neighborhood is up in arms over a break-in the other night. Apparently a man broke in to a house on Fennerton (one street over) and entered a woman's bedroom sans clothing (I can only assume his intention wasn't to use her shower). Her rotweiler woke her up and she scremed startling the man off. This is disturbing for a number of reasons. First, his intentions can be reasonably interpreted to be rape. Entering the bedroom naked is a pretty desperate act, I don't think this guy is thinking clearly. Second, I doubt it was happenstance that he picked a house where a woman lived alone, I would assume he had scoped out the neighborhood. Lastly, he fled through backyards on Biddle. Very thankful that we have an alarm and a raised entryway, making our house (I believe) somewhat unappealing to this type of intrusion.
Here is a link to the story, it was the lead on ABC the other day.
http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=6380558

No comments:
Post a Comment